Pitch Maintenance and End of Season Renovation
We recommend a full winter pitch renovation at least once a year for your Football pitch to maintain the quality of the surface. This is carried out at the end of the playing season in May. In addition to this we offer an ongoing pitch maintenance service for clubs to ensure optimum playing conditions throughout the year.
Below is a guide to the main processes carried out to winter Football pitches at the end of the season
• Scarification – Scarification of the Football pitch is carried out to remove thatch and meadow grass. This is essential to clear away the pitch debris and prepare the ground for seeding.
• Top-Dressing – The correct mix of sand / soil will be applied to the pitch after scarifying. This helps with levels on the playing surface and can assist in drainage and helps create a good seeding bed
• Verti-Draining / Aeration – this assists growth, relieves compaction and helps with root development
• Hollow Core – different size cores are removed from the ground for soil exchange and improved aeration
• Seeding – seeding ensures new growth and helps reinstate worn out areas. We use a charterhouse disc seeder which causes minimal surface disruption.
• Feeding / fertilising is carried out if required after soil has been analysed.
• Spraying — pesticides, lumbricides and fungicides applied
Ongoing Football Ground Maintenance During the Playing Season
During the playing season, grounds require regular maintenance to keep a healthy surface
We recommend a programme of works including regular cutting, scarification, aeration, top dressing, verti-draining, fertilising, matt in dressing, over-seeding, brushing and collecting.